The scientific community needs high-performance facilitating networks to foster and catalyze collaborative science worldwide. Roche developed two initiatives to unite expertises for humankind’s benefit: ImCore in 2016 and Insights Lab in 2021.
ImCore: Immunotherapy Centers of Research Excellence
imCORE is a global academic-industry partnership accelerating cancer immunotherapy research to optimise treatment for cancer patients through collaboration.
Launched in November 2016 by Roche, imCORE brings together 26 of the leading cancer research institutions from 10 countries worldwide. Working together the network has over 85 cancer immunotherapy research projects ranging from laboratory science through to clinical trials.
imCORE’s unique scientific network is built on:
- Trusted collaboration between academia, industry and other disciplines enabling the co-creation of research, open sharing of data and ideas to solve big challenges in cancer immunotherapy treatment.
- Research guided by a joint scientific strategy to enable more patients to benefit from cancer immunotherapy.
- New models of working to streamline research delivery and implementing cutting edge technologies and tools, including advanced analytics.
imCORE is working with Institut Roche to find and bring together diverse teams of data scientists, researchers and clinicians with the necessary expertise to model increasingly complex data and understand the biological mechanisms underlying cancer immunotherapy. Through advanced analytics and the use of AI by medical experts working at the bedside, we research and address key questions in cancer immunotherapy to improve patient lives.
Insights Lab: inventing the future of healthcare and biomedicine
Insights Lab is a catalyst for collaborative and multidisciplinary data-driven research and innovation.
As biomedical science moves into a new era, with the coalescence of data, biotechnological and biomedical innovations, in 2021, Pharma International Informatics (PIIX) and Institut Roche created Insights Lab, a Roche data-intensive think tank team to foster collaborative innovation and research.
Built on PIIX’s solid infrastructure, driving Roche’s digital strategy, and streamlined by the Institut’s expertise, Insights Lab supports the whole Roche value chain, from diagnostics and pharmaceuticals research to go-to-market considerations.
Insights Lab operates by:
• Connecting both internal and external biomedical, AI, and mathematical modeling expertises.
• Catalyzing and managing data-intensive collaborative research and innovation.
• Facilitating data infrastructure access and deployment.
Insights Lab supports and collaborates with:
• Roche and Genentech R&D, including teams in informatics, bioinformatics, and AI.
• External biomedical, computational, AI, and mathematics teams and stakeholders.
• ImCore, EU-Maths-In, and other networks of excellence.
Through high-value collaborations, Insights Lab aims to advance and accelerate open science with scientific output (publications, patents, and data generation), data sharing and interconnectivity, and IT infrastructure performance.